Monday, July 20, 2015

Another Van Repair Horror Story
Ice Cold Air W Hillsborough Ave.

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 67299794

Better Business Bureau Serving West Florida

Consumer Info: Duggan, Lyman Business Info: Ice Cold Air

Consumer's Original Complaint :

Ripped Off Boosting the problem. Not repaired. Lies. Van not running in a reliable fashion as it was before they worked on it.

I reported that the aircon doors were not being activated properly and the cruise control was not working and added that as it was an old van there was probably a bad plastic vacuum hose or vacuum motor bad.

They called a week later and said the intake manifold was "not holding a vacuum" Actually there is only a vacuum when the motor is running but they insisted that the intake manifold gasket must be changed.

Three weeks later, after I called for status reports several times they said the intake manifold was full of carbon and dirt and needed to be replaced. I went up to have a look and they had pried the splash plate up to see the carbon inside. I knew this was normal and complained and took the manifold to have it hot tanked and cleaned. Napa cleaned it and put the deflector back in new condition for 40.00 which is very good and it looked like new again. It took two months for Ice Cold to finish and they called me. I asked if they tookit for a test drive and the manager said yes and the ac doors and cruise control working fine....

Lie~!

I took the van for a drive. Cruise control and speedo not working. I found the speedo cable had not been put back on so I put it on myself. So I know there was not test drive to confirm it was working. AC doors still not working when changing from floor to regular AC to defrost.

Another Lie!

The idle is now a bit rough... perhaps from the new manifold gasket as the advance was set up with a small vacuum leak.

The bill  820.00 for nothing. This used to be a good shop when  Gary Reisner was running it but now all employees are changed so its a new operation but the same owner who has another Ice Cold Air on South Dale Mabry.

Got a follow up call from a lady asking how the service was. I told her as above and she said the owner would call and talk to me. Lady owner apparently. Never received a call now 3 weeks later. Needless to say I can't go back there again and I advise all to stay away from both of these shops.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:


Refund and bring my van back to the original condition. And pay my insurance for the two months they kept the vehicle and up until the van in reliable driving condition.


BBB Processing
12/21/2014 web BBB Case Received by BBB
12/23/2014 ELM BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
12/23/2014 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute
01/08/2015 JAS BBB Call Business to Request Response
01/13/2015 OttO EMAIL Consumer - Have You Heard From the Business
01/13/2015 OttO EMAIL Reminder of Dispute to Business
01/26/2015 OttO BBB No Response Received from Business on 2nd Notice
01/26/2015 TAY BBB Close Complaint as Unanswered
01/26/2015 Otto EMAIL Inform Business - Case Closed UNANSWERED
01/26/2015 OttO EMAIL Inform Consumer - Case Closed UNANSWERED
01/26/2015 OttO BBB Case Closed - UNANSWERED
----------------------------------
Full refund from Visa Card~!!


No comments:

Post a Comment